- Bright 2.6″ LCD sunlight readable color display
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver
- Worldwide basemap with shaded relief 2000 waypoints,200 routes.
- Track log of 10,000points and 200 saved tracks
- Supports Area calculation,Auto routing,Topo maps,street maps,marine maps and Custom POIs(ability to add points of intrest.
- Supports paperless geocaching, hunt and fish calendar,sun and moon information
- 1.7GB Internal memory and microSD™ card slot for additional mapping
- 160 x 240 pixels transflective, color display, Rugged, waterproof (IEC 60529 IPX7),USB interface, picture viewer
- 25hours of battery life, 2 AA; NiMH or Lithium recommended
- 3-axis compass, provides accurate heading even when the unit is not held level
- Barometric altimeter tracks pressure changes to pinpoint your precise altitude and to help monitor weather
- High-speed USB interface and NMEA 0183
- Unit-to-unit wireless data transfer capabilities for routes, tracks, waypoints and geocaches
- High-sensitivity WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix, 2.6” color display, 1.7GB internal memory and microSD™ card slot, worldwide basemap, floats, supports paperless geocaching
- For boaters and watersports enthusiasts who want to run with the best, the rugged GPSMAP 78s features a 3-axis compass, barometric altimeter, crisp color mapping, high-sensitivity receiver, new molded rubber side grips, plus a microSD™ card slot for loading additional maps. And it floats!
- GPSMAP 78s comes with built-in worldwide basemap, so you can navigate anywhere with ease. And, like the rest of the 78-series, the 78s is IPX7 waterproof and even floats in water.
- GPSMAP 78s has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
- With GPSMAP 78s you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly other compatible device users. Now you can send the location of your favorite fishing spot to a friend to find. Sharing data is easy. Just press “send” to transfer your information to similar units.
- With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix™ satellite prediction, GPSMAP 78s locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear — whether you’re in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GPSMAP 78s to help you find your way when you need it the most.
- Adding more maps is easy with Garmin’s wide array of detailed marine, topographic and road maps, available on microSD card. Conveniently plug in BlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT® map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads. The card slot is located inside the waterproof battery compartment, so you don’t have to worry about getting it wet. GPSMAP 78s also supports BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. In addition, the 78s is compatible with Custom Maps, free software that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
- You’ve been busy exploring and now you want to store and analyze your activities. With a simple connection to your computer and to the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect™. This one-stop site offers an activity table and allows you to view your activities on a map using Google™ Earth. Explore other routes uploaded by millions of Garmin Connect users and share your experiences on Twitter® and Facebook®. Getting started is easy, so get out there, explore, and share.
- GPSMAP 78s supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. By going paperless, you’re not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. GPSMAP 78s stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches. Slim and lightweight, 78s is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits.
- GPSMAP 78s: Colorful maps, durable design and buoyant — everything a mariner needs.